Mr George Bright Anni Bansah, the Hohoe Constituency Chair, National Democratic Congress (NDC) has described the election of Mr Alban Bagbin as Speaker of Parliament as a "victory to democracy" in Ghana.
Mr Bagbin was elected to the third-highest office in the country to steer the affairs in Ghana's Eighth Parliament of the Fourth Republic.
Mr Anni Bansah in an interview with the Ghana News Agency (GNA) disclosed that the competency of Mr Bagbin was what compelled some members of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) caucus to vote for him during the secret ballot.
Latest from B Sounds
- Africa’s Internet economy could be worth US$180 billion by 2025 - Google-IFC report
- Remove law that imposes charge on inbound international calls – Telco Chamber
- Citizens of these 11 African countries can’t enter UK over COVID 19 variant
- rTsatsu Tsikata can never school Supreme Court judges – Maurice Ampaw fumes
- Election Petition: You can’t circumvent the rules by your own carelessness - Frank Davies to Tsatsu
Leave a comment
Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.